Find out more about the safety precautions in place throughout the Vasa Museum to keep you safe while you are here.
Close to the ship but at a safe distance from each other
- The number of visitors allowed into the museum at the same time is restricted to 250 perople.
- The amount of people are restricted in certain areas in the museum. These are: the entrance hall, the museum shop, the Restaurant, the lunch room and some exhibitions. Signs will inform visitors how many people are allowed where.
- Signs by the entrance remind visitors to keep their distance in the queue.
- Small and narrow spaces are closed off for the time being. These are clearly marked.
- Seating in the lunchroom and restaurant is limited and clearly marked.
- Visitors are reminded to keep their social distancing with the help of museum staff, floor markings and signs.
- Signs by the lifts inform visitors that the number of people allowed in the lifts is limited. Please give way to those who need them most.
- Protective screens have been put up at the information desk, in the shop, and at the ticket office by the entrance.
Cleaning is carried out more frequently. Frequently touched surfaces, such as handles and rails, are wiped and disinfected regularly.
- Hand sanitiser is provided at several places in the museum.
- Signs remind visitors to wash their hands with soap and water in the toilets.
Food and drink
- The Vasa Museum restaurant is open daily 11.00 to 15:00. Seating is spread out so guests can keep their social distance.
- Seating is limited in the lunchroom on the entrance level. If the weather allows, eat outdoors in the lovely surroundings.
Your own audio guide
To avoid crowds there are no guided tours available at this time. However, there are audio guides in several languages free to download on our website at Vasamuseet.se/audioguide. Look out for the special app on the new exhibition Vasa Up Close featuring more in-depth material.
We encourage card payments rather than cash.
If you have any questions, email the Booking Office.
The Booking Office is open Monday to Friday. Telephone hours 10:00-15:00 (Closed for lunch 12:00-13:00).
Discover Vasa online
There are several ways to explore the Vasa Museum. At vasamuseet.se/en you can watch films, listen to podcasts and read about the ship, our exhibitions and collections.