A ship comes loaded with cookies!
Find out more about the safety precautions in place throughout the Vasa Museum to keep you safe while you are here.
Close to the ship but at a safe distance from each other
- The number of visitors allowed into the museum will be restricted
- Signs by the entrance will remind visitors to keep their distance in the queue
- Two entrance doors are closed to minimise congestion when entering and exiting the museum
- Signs as well as museum staff will remind visitors to keep their distance in the museum
- Small and narrow spaces are closed off for the time being
- Seating in the movie theatre, lunchroom and restaurant will be limited.
- Visitors will be reminded to keep their social distancing with the help of museum staff, floor markings and signs.
- Signs by the lifts will inform visitors that the number of people allowed in the lifts is limited. Please give way to those who need them most.
- Storage space is limited and lockers are closed for the time being. Please leave larger items and bags at home.
- Protective screens have been put up at the information desk, in the shop, and at the ticket office by the entrance.
Cleaning will be carried out more frequently. Frequently touched surfaces, such as handles and rails, will be wiped and disinfected regularly.
Hand sanitiser is provided at the entrance, information desk and shop. Signs will remind visitors to wash their hands with soap and water in the toilets.
Food and drink
The Vasa Museum restaurant is open weekdays 11.00 to 16:00. Seating is spread out so guests can keep their social distance.
Seating is limited in the lunchroom on the entrance level. If the weather permits, there are plenty of green areas for outdoor eating.
Your own audio guide
To avoid crowds there will be no guided tours available at this time. However, there are audio guides in several languages free to download on our website at Vasamuseet.se/audioguide. Look out for the special app on the new exhibition Vasa Up Close featuring more in-depth material.
We encourage card payments rather than cash.
If you have any questions, email the Booking Office on email@example.com or call +46-8-519 548 70. The Booking Office is open Monday to Friday 9:00-15:00.
Discover Vasa online
There are several ways to explore the Vasa Museum. At vasamuseet.se/en you can watch films, listen to podcasts and read about the ship, our exhibitions and collections.