The Vasa Museum is situated at Galärvarvsvägen 14, Djurgården, Stockholm. There are several ways to get to this museum island and national park.
Walking or cycling
It’s easy to walk or cycle to Djurgården. It takes about 20 minutes to walk from the city centre, and about 10 minutes to cycle.
The easiest way to get to the museum is by tram. From the Central station or Kungsträdgården, take tram number 7 to tram stop Nordiska museet/Vasamuseet.
- Bus 67 to bus stop Nordiska museet/Vasamuseet.
- Bus 69 to bus stop Djurgårdsbron.
- Bus 76 to bus stop Djurgårdsbron.
Red line to station Karlaplan. From there a 10 minute walk or bus 67 to bus stop Nordiska museet/Vasamuseet.
Ferry from Slussen all year round and from Nybroplan during the summer.
Traffic information regarding Galärvarvsvägen:
- The traffic barrier over the road is manned daily 09.00-17.00
- Buses are allowed to drop off and pick up guests at the Vasa Museum
- Bus parking is available at Kaknästornet TV tower
- Taxis are allowed to drop off and pick up at the barrier
There is a small car park near the museum, but it is often full. It's easier to find parking on the other side of the Djurgården bridge. Disabled parking is located outside the main entrance of the museum.
Please note that parts of Djurgården are closed for car traffic occasionally during spring, summer and autumn. Buses, taxis, mopeds, bicycles and vehicles for disabled visitors are allowed to pass.